Regional Commander: Erongo Region
Comm. Andreas Nelumbu
Tel: +264 64 219 001
Cell: +264 81 377 4774
- The proper distribution of the authorized establishment;
- Assigning members, the allotment of duties and the administration connected there to;
- Control and supervision of members,maintenance of lawand order.
- Prevention and investigation of crime and maintenance of discipline within the region, and the
- Performance of any duty assigned by the Inspector- General.
- The Regional Commander is the Commanding Officer of all members within a region.The Regional Headquarters is the administrative centre a region and, with the exception of a few units; it is also responsible for the Government Property Account.
OMARURU: CULPABLE HOMICIDE
- On Saturday, 4th July 2015, at about 08h25, on the main road between Karibib and Omaruru, the driver of Volkswagen Golf GTI sedan died when he lost control over the vehicle and overturned. There were only two occupants in the vehicle, the driver and one passenger, of which the driver died at the scene of the accident, and the passenger sustained injuries of the right arm.
- The deceased was identified as Justus Shetunyenga (N/Male, 42 years), while the passenger was treated at Omaruru State Hospital and discharged.
- The deceased was a Police Officer, a Sergeant by Rank, and was the Namibian Police Unit Commander for Aviation Unit at Walvisbay. He was travelling from Walvisbay with his private vehicle to the north at the time of the accident. The next of kin is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.
WALVISBAY : MURDER
- On Saturday, 4th July 2015, at about 01h30, at Skipper Street, in Narraville location, at Walvisbay, a 30 years old men was stabbed to death with a knife by a friend. It is alleged that, the deceased and the friend (suspect) was at the suspect`s place, where the suspect stabbed the deceased with a knife on the throat and died on the spot.
- It is not yet known as to what exactly causes happened between the two. The deceased was identified as Edwardo Strauss (N/Male, 30 years of age). The suspect (N/Male, 34 years) is arrested and due to appear at Walvisbay Magistrate Court on Monday, 6th July 2015.
ARANDIS : CULPABLE HOMICIDE, DRIVING WITHOUT A DRIVER`S LISENCE
- On Saturday, 4th July 2015, at about 05h50, on the Usakos / Arandis main road, the driver of an Isuzu Pick-Up vehicle who was travelling with his family lost control of the vehicle and overturned.
- There were 12 occupants in the vehicle ( 7 children and 5 adults) including the driver, the driver succumbed to his injuries upon arrival at the Usakos State Hospital, whereas a 35 years old woman and a child of 2 years sustained serious injuries and was shortly treated at Usakos State Hospital before they were transferred to Katutura State Hospital in Windhoek, the remaining 9 passengers were treated for minor injuries at the Usakos State Hospital and discharged.
- The deceased was identified as Champion Gaseb (N/Male, 43 years). According to witnesses, the driver does not have a driver`s licence, and was not licensed to drive the vehicle. The next of kin is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.
KARIBIB : STOCK THEFT
- On Friday, 03rd July 2015, at about 21h00, at Namib Naukluft, on C32 Road, outside Karibib, the Police arrested 4 people (all males) after they were found in possession of six carcases of goats meat.
- The suspects were found transporting 6 carcases of goats in a Green Nissan 1400 Pick-Up vehicle, to which thereafter they voluntary took the Police were they slaughtered the goats.
- The four suspects are aged 26, 36, 39, and 48; the all will appear at Karibib Magistrate Court on Monday, 6 July 2015.