Regional Commander - Ohangwena
Commissioner: .S.S. Shindinge
Tel: +264 65 264 2000
The Regional Commander will be responsible to the Inspector-General:
- The proper distribution of the authorized establishment;
- Assigning members, the allotment of duties and the administration connected there to;
- Control and supervision of members,maintenance of lawand order.
- Prevention and investigation of crime and maintenance of discipline within the region, and the
- Performance of any duty assigned by the Inspector- General.
- The Regional Commander is the Commanding Officer of all members within a region.The Regional Headquarters is the administrative centre a region and, with the exception of a few units; it is also responsible for the Government Property Account.
OHANGWENA : CR 04/04/2015, ATTEMPTED MURDER ALTERNATIVELY RECKLESS AND OR NEGLIGENT DRIVING, FAILING TO RENDER ASSISTANCE TO THE INJURED, FAILING TO REPORT AN ACCIDENT.
- On Friday, 03rd April 2015, at about 05h00, on the Ondangwa / Oshikango main road, at Onhuno Village, the driver of public transport Quantum Bus pushed one of his passengers out of the bus and drove over him with his vehicle.
It is alleged that, the victim (was a passenger, N/Male, 37 years) boarded the quantum bus from Windhoek going to Eenhana, and upon their arrival at Onhuno, the driver of the Bus changed refused to proceed further to Eenhana, and ordered that the passenger (victim) to disembark his vehicle.
The passenger refused to disembark the vehicle, and an argument ensured between the bus driver and the passenger, where later the bus driver with the assistance of his bus assistant forcefully push out the passenger from the vehicle and drove over him on its way.
The passenger sustained a broken leg was admitted at Engela State Hospital in a serious but stable condition.
Both the bus driver (N/Male, 30 years) and his assistant (N/Male, 29 years) was arrested and is due to appear at Eenhana Magistrate Court on Tuesday, 7th April 2015.
OHANGWENA CR 06/04/2015, CULPABLE HOMICIDE
- On Friday, 3rd April 2015, at about 16h30, on the Engela / Okalongo main road, the driver of a white Isuzu pick-up lost control of the vehicle and overturned.
It is alleged that, the driver was avoiding bumping a pedestrian and lost control of the vehicle and overturned. The driver Likius Weyulu (N/Male, 43 years) died at the scene of the accident, while the passenger Tuhafeni Nghishikungu was admitted toEngela State Hospital and his condition is reported to be serious but stable.