Regional Commader - Oshana
Commissioner: R. Amwele
Tel: +264 65 223 6000
The Regional Commander will be responsible to the Inspector-General:
- The proper distribution of the authorized establishment;
- Assigning members, the allotment of duties and the administration connected there to;
- Control and supervision of members,maintenance of law and order.
- Prevention and investigation of crime and maintenance of discipline within the region, and the
- Performance of any duty assigned by the Inspector- General.
- The Regional Commander is the Commanding Officer of all members within a region.The Regional Headquarters is the administrative centre a region and, with the exception of a few units; it is also responsible for the Government Property Account.
ONDANGWA STATION: CR 28/04/2015, MURDER
- On Friday, 3rd April 2015, at about 08h00, at Ondonga Village, in Ondangwa Area, a deceased body was found in the bush with two stabbed wounds on the chest.
It is alleged that, the deceased was involved in a fight at a shebeen the previous night with two male friends and run into the darkness and his friends chased after him.
Two suspects (both aged 24 years each) was arrested on Friday afternoon at their residence at Ondonga Village, and is due to appear at Ondangwa Magistrate Court on Tuesday, 7th April 2015.
The next of kin of the deceased is already formally informed
OSHAKATI STATION: CR 10/04/2015, MURDER
- On Wednesday, 1st April 2015, at about 22h00, at Toby`s Complex at Evululuko Location, Shilula Nghidulwalungi (N/Male, 33 years) was stabbed with a knife on the chest and was admitted at Oshakati State Hospital, but succumbed to his injuries and died on Friday, 3rd April 2015 at the Hospital.
The suspect is still at large, next of kin of the deceased is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.
ONGWEDIVA STATION : INQUEST, DROWNING
- On Thursday, 2nd April 2015, at about 14h00, at Bennie`s Park in Ongwediva, a 12 years old (N/Male) drowned in the swimming pool and died.
It is alleged that, the deceased went to Bennie`s Park in the company of a 35 years old female relative together with other children, but shortly disappeared from the group, only for his body to be found under the water in the swimming pool.
The deceased was identified as Matheus Matheus, the next of kin is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.
- On Thursday, 2nd April 2015, at about 14h22, on the main road, at Oshakati open market, Armas Iipinge (N/Male, 45 years) was bumped by a Toyota Pick-up and died at the scene of the accident.
It is alleged that, the deceased was riding a bicycle and while crossing the road, was bumped by an oncoming vehicle.
The next of kin is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.