Motor vehicle theft and theft of property from motor vehicles is a significant problem. There are a number of things you can do to reduce the opportunity of having your vehicle stolen or broken into: Keep your vehicle keys with you. Keep spare keys at home or at work. Don't hide a spare key on the car. Always lock your car, including the boot and if applicable, the sunroof. Park in busy, open well-lit areas. Use an attended, secure parking building if possible. If you garage your vehicle at home, lock the car and the garage.
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 08 – 14 SEPT 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 15 - 21 SEPT 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 22 - 28 SEPT 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 06 - 12 OCT 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 13 - 19 OCT 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 20-26 OCT 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 27 OCT-02 NOV 2014
- WINDHOEK PRELIMINARY CRIME AND TRAFFIC STATISTICS 10 - 16 NOV 2014
Katutura: On 09 October 2015 at 15:30hrs in the bushes behind Elim Primary School, two bodies; Cecilia Kambuu Kuaseua (30) and Jaqueline Kuaseua (18) were found by a passerby who alerted the Police. Jaqueline is a grade 10 pupil at Augustinium Secondary School. The bodies are at the mortuary for autopsy which will determine the cause of death (stabbed or stoned) and whether the victims were raped. The suspect, a teacher at Augustinium Secondary School is arrested after he was found attempting to commit suicide around Augustinum premises and is currently admitted at Katutura State Hospital in the Intensive Care Unit. A suicide note was found on him. The next of kin of the deceased are informed. Police investigation continues.
On 09 October 2015 at 1620hrs at Lafrence Industrial Area, Petrus Simon (42) was found hanging from a tree. A suicide note was left behind and his next of kin is informed. Police investigation continues.
On 09 October 2015 at 1150hrs at Richard Kamuhuka Street, 42-year-old Alfeus Blackforce Uirab was found hanging from a rope in his room (shack). A suicide note was left behind and his next of kin is informed. Police investigation continues.
To supervise the laison and communication between the Police Force and members of the community.
1. To co-ordinate the planning of activities which relate to the role, functions and the image of the Force in the Region.
2. To build the internal and external image of the Force in the Region.
3.To liaise and communicate with members of the community and media.
4. To publicise the functions of the police and to enable the public to understand them.
5. To co-ordinate and communicate Regional Police activities with governmental and other institutions.
6. To represent the Regional Commander in public meetings.
7. To motivate and encourage members of the Force in execution of their duties with enthusiasm and diligence.
8. To attend to cirmumstances which could negatively influence the performance of members of Force in the Region.
9. To evaluate public opinion, perceptions and attitudes on departmental policy, methods and advise the Regional Commander.
10. To evaluate the effects of departmental programs, policy, procedures and activities on attitudes of the public.
11. To initiate programs and actions which will inform the public and generate discussions.
12. To advise the administrative division on changing those procedures and structures which cause negative attitudes and perceptions within and outside the police Force.
13. To promote all forms of communication with members of the public.
14. To stimulate the involvement and interest of the public in the police and its activities.
15. To liaise with Station Commanders, Unit Commanders and other Law enforcement agencies on a daily basis.
16. To develop and implement programs for all members of the police in the Region to further proper communal and public relations.
17. To publish and disseminate police functions, problems and achievements, through the media.
18. To recommend police methods and procedures which will improve public relations.
19. To establish and maintaining esprit de corpse in the police.
20. To advise the Regional Commander of any serious crime or occurrence of public concern which has happened.
21. To act in accordance with the provisions of the Police Act and Regulations.
22. To gain the co-operation of local community leaders and groups, and elected representatives in the combating of crime.
23. To execute instructions from the Regional commander and the Inspector General.
Don't leave things on display. keep valuables (money, mobile phone, cheque books, and credit cards, driver license with you or at home not in the glove box or under the seat. Keep bags luggage, coats etc locked out of sight in the boot. Keeping a record of car serial numbers.
Sexual harassment is unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature. This can be physical contact, verbal comments or non verbal action. Personal safey If you are being harassed .Tell the person to stop the behaviour .If you are uncomfortable about doing this yourself, have a colleague with you or ask the colleague to speak to the person privately on your behalf. .Express your views by writing a letter to the person, asking for the behaviour to stop. Suggestion - Ensure your letter is written in a professional tone (keep a copy of the letter) .If the person harassing you is a co worker, speak to the person's supervisor. .If a person is a customer, consider issuing a trespass. If the behaviour does not stop, other options can be considered: .Most unions have policies on sexual harassment and are able to provide assistance to union members. .If you have an employment agreement you will find there is grievance provision which you can take up with your employer. This can be resolved in the employment court if satisfaction is not is not achieved.
Install a car alarm and electronic engine immobilizer (which prevent the engine from being started). Use a steering wheel clud or lock, lockable fuel cap and wheel nuts. Etch the registration or vehicle identification number(VIN) on windows,windscreens and headlights. Have your vehicle sprayed with microdot identification.