Suicide: Kamanjab Inquest 01/2015
- On Saturday 14 March 2015 at about 18h00 in Kamanjab Town, it is alleged that school children discovered the body of an adult hanging from a tree with a wire around his neck and alerted the Police who removed the body from the tree. No suicide note was left behind.
- Next of kin not yet informed, Post mortem will be conducted to determine the exact course of death. The deceased was identified as Kala Tjihave Adult Namibian male.
Regional Commander - Kunene
Commissioner: J.K.K Nderura
Tel: +264 65 273 185
The Regional Commander will be responsible to the Inspector-General:
- The proper distribution of the authorized establishment;
- Assigning members, the allotment of duties and the administration connected there to;
- Control and supervision of members,maintenance of lawand order.
- Prevention and investigation of crime and maintenance of discipline within the region, and the
- Performance of any duty assigned by the Inspector- General.
- The Regional Commander is the Commanding Officer of all members within a region.The Regional Headquarters is the administrative centre a region and, with the exception of a few units; it is also responsible for the Government Property Account.
OPUWO STATION: CR 05/04/2015, ATTEMPTED RAPE & COMMON ASSAULT
- On Sunday, 5th April 2015, at about 04h00, at Ondundu Location, in Opuwo, A adult (N/Male) was arrested after he attempted to rape and assaulted a 29 years old female.
It is alleged that, the suspect and the victim came from the bar to the suspect`s house where they continued to drink alcohol, the suspect then attempted to rape the victim by forcefully trying to remove her clothes and thereby assaulted her with fist and open hands.
The suspect was arrested and is due to appear at Opuwo Magistrate Court on Tuesday, 7th April 2015.
OKANGWATI STATION: CR 01/04/2015, ABORTION
- On Thursday, 02nd April 2015, at about 02h00, at Okangwati Location, a 17 years old school girl terminated her pregnancy by drinking Oro Crush.
It is alleged that, the suspect drunk Oro crush in order to terminate her pregnancy and went to school, and at school she also had some from her friends, and during early morning hours (02h00) she started to experience excruciating pain in her stomach and went to woke up her mother midnight, who did not know about her pregnancy by then.
The mother of the suspect detected that she was pregnant, as the foetus came out and could be identified that it was a baby boy, and as the suspect was bleeding she was rushed to Opuwo State Hospital midnight where she is currently admitted under the guarding of Police Officers in a serious but stable condition.
The suspect is due to appear in court upon her discharge from the Hospital.
- On Friday,3rd April 2015, at about 09h00, at Apha Village, Opuwo Area, Vetikipi Muhenye (N/Male, 22 years) hanged himself with a wire under the tree.
It is alleged that, the deceased left home the previous night after he had dinner with his relatives saying he is going to the location to socialise, and never returned home again, only to be found hanging under a tree on the Friday, 3rd April 2015.
- No suicide note was left, the next of kin is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.