Regional Commander - Omusati
Commissioner: T.P. Kampolo
Tel: +264 65 251 850
The Regional Commander will be responsible to the Inspector-General:
- The proper distribution of the authorized establishment;
- Assigning members, the allotment of duties and the administration connected there to;
- Control and supervision of members,maintenance of lawand order.
- Prevention and investigation of crime and maintenance of discipline within the region, and the
- Performance of any duty assigned by the Inspector- General.
- The Regional Commander is the Commanding Officer of all members within a region.The Regional Headquarters is the administrative centre a region and, with the exception of a few units; it is also responsible for the Government Property Account.
OSHIKUKU : ATTEMPTED MURDER AND NEGLIGENT HANDLING OF FIREARM
- On Saturday, 13th June 2015, at about 1400, at Olwani Village, Elim constituency, a 44 years old woman and her 13 years old daughter was shoot with a shotgun while looking for wood in the field.
- It is alleged that, the suspect was shooting with a shotgun at a wild animal (a Rabbit/hare) and the bullets hit the victim and her daughter who was busy looking for wood in the field.
- The woman was hit on the left leg, while the daughter (13 years) was hit on both arms, both victims are admitted at Oshikuku State Hospital in a stable condition. The suspect fled the scene and is still at large, Police investigations into the matter continue.
ONANDJABA : INQUEST (SUDDEN DEATH)
- On Friday, 12th June 2015, at about 15h00, at Oshilovava Village, Etayi Constituency, a 9 months old baby girl died while being taken to the hospital by her mother.
- It is alleged that, the biological mother of the baby girl discover that the baby was laying with her face facing down and was not breathing well and decided to take her to the hospital, but she died on the way to the hospital.
- The deceased was identified as Rosalia Indileni Stephanus ( 9 month old) The next of kin is already formally informed, Police investigations into the matter continue.